Sunday, April 2, 2023

Tasting - Sutter Home Chardonnay

Did a back-to-back tasting of two bottom shelf chardonnays because the wallet is getting thin at this point in the semester. This is Blog 1 of 2 on cheap chardonnay.

Wine: Sutter Home Chardonnay

Year: not listed

Location: California

Cost: $5.99 (3-glass box)

Color: goldenrod, slight brown tint. just the faintest orange too

Smell: smells sweet, cheap, sour, apple-ey. Homeydew melon, gasoline?

Taste: buttery, not as sweet as expected, very gentle sugars honestly. not very distinctive mouthfeel. smoother than water, but not in a slimy viscous way.

General Notes: definitely a cheap wine. could probably pound this all day at a concert but not something I would pull out for a date or serve to my parents. I served this straight out of the fridge, will let it warm up while I type this then taste again.

Wine folly says the typical primary flavors are apple, star fruit (who the heck knows what star fruit tastes like), pineapple, vanilla, and butter. I didn't get any of those middle three, but the buttery texture and apple were present. I taste apple in every white wine though so who knows what's actually going on.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tasting - I went to the wine lab again

 Okay... I went to the wine lab with my girlfriend and didn't take notes at all because we were chatting and playing chess. gimme some c...