Sunday, April 9, 2023

Tasting - I went to the wine lab again

 Okay... I went to the wine lab with my girlfriend and didn't take notes at all because we were chatting and playing chess.

gimme some credit for dropping $80 at your gastrobar @boyer


Did the wine & cheese flight. Liked the first pairing a lot - the gouda was awesome, much saltier than expected, which worked well with the sugar in the prosecco.

The 2nd and 3rd wines, reds, were pretty meh after that first set. Same for the cheeses. Maybe I'm just a hater but manchego has no defining characteristics. It was just mid as hell. Not extreme in any way - not super salty, creamy, stinky, stiff, nutty, nothing outstanding at all. The cheddar wasn't bad but certainly not stellar compared to the yummy gouda.


After that had a glass of the Boplaas Muscat again because I love that syrupy caramely quincy brown wine.


Also a charcuterie board because chess was continuing into a third game and I couldn't drink more.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Tasting - I went to the wine lab again

 Okay... I went to the wine lab with my girlfriend and didn't take notes at all because we were chatting and playing chess. gimme some c...