Saturday, February 25, 2023

Tasting - Early Mountain Rose

 Another Charlottesville wine...

I smoked a cigar about 3 hours before this tasting so my senses were definitely uncalibrated. (A Connecticut Kreme if that matters).

Wine: Early Mountain Rose

Location: Several growing blocks close to Charlottesville, VA

Year: 2021

Cost: $26.00

Color: pale pink/peach color, almost orange?

Smell: no alcohol odor, smelled kind of strawberryish and peachy

After tasting, could pick up more citrus scents

Taste: Citrus flavors - orange, tangerine? Don't know the last time I ate a tangerine. Strawberry and Raspberry detectable on a second sip.

General Notes: I liked the label! Cool textured topographical style. Rose probably isn't my thing, kinda too sweet. Maybe would be good with vegetables or something crisp/salty to break up that sweetness.

For the first time, I think my tasting actually matched the online flavor profile provided by the winemaker! Their website says "Strawberries, white peaches, and grapefruit..." which is pretty close to my citrus, peach, and strawberry notes. I don't know what this means for my post cigar palate.

Wine Folly has a lot of info about Rose (its listed general flavors are consistent with what we've already covered), but this is a blend, and rose seems to be pretty variable so not the most useful resource for this tasting.

I need to learn to take landscape photos of the wine, these portrait orientation flicks just don't format on this archaic dotcom era website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tasting - I went to the wine lab again

 Okay... I went to the wine lab with my girlfriend and didn't take notes at all because we were chatting and playing chess. gimme some c...